SponsorUnited released the first international partnerships report focused on European football. Jersey exposure is a significant asset for brands to leverage with the prominent logo position. For more insights, check out the full report.
- No surprise, Apparel & Accessory giants Nike and Adidas lead the way with 62 team partnerships (34%). The largest number of deals are in Spain (50%) and least amount are with Italian teams (17.5%)
- Italy has the most suppliers with 17 unique brands
- There is a relatively even split between primary and secondary leagues (18 different brands av. 5.4 teams each v. 20 @ 5.2)
- Castore have announced their plans for European expansion (already supplying Newcastle and Wolves) signing up Aston Villa, Bayer 04 Leverkusen, Sevilla and UD Almeria for 22/23
- With nearly 170 kit deals, Ligue 1 is the most popular league for brands to sign a jersey kit sponsorship with
- 40% of brands purchased both a primary and a practice jersey patch with the same team
- The highest sub-category for primary jersey patches was Betting Services with 18, despite being banned in 20% of the leagues