The average cost for a Super Bowl LVI commercial this year was the highest it’s ever been. According to NBC Sports, a 30-sec ad was priced at a $6.5M. Last year’s Super Bowl averaged roughly $5.5M.
For many viewers, Super Bowl commercials are the most attractive part of the game. These viewers hush the room as their favorite athletes, celebrities and influencers team up with brands in a unique, and usually funny way. SponsorUnited tracked a 30% increase in brand partnerships with athletes, influencers and celebrities. In addition, a shocking 61% of all ads during the Super Bowl featured an athlete, celebrity or influencer.
- Serena Williams – Currently with 26 endorsements, Serena partnered with Tonal creating a campaign geared towards women letting them know they can also use strength equipment.
- Alex Morgan – Having 25 partnerships within 15 categories, Morgan has a deal with Michelob Ultra which saw her face along with Jimmy Butlers and Nneka Ogwumike on cases being sold at stores as well as on the big screens during the Super Bowl.
- Martha Stewart – Starring in the BIC’s commercial with Snoop Dogg promoting the new EZ Reach Lighter Ad Campaign during the Super Bowl. The famous chef totals 20 deals with brands from a variety of different categories such as Appliances & Kitchen, Food Distributor and Food Products.
- Guy Fieri – Although he owns multiple restaurants and follows Martha Stewart as a famous chef, Fieri showcased his diverse portfolio of partners in a commercial with Bud Light Seltzer. Fieri has 19 deals in 13 categories while being the face of King’s Hawaiian in grocery stores.
- Becky G – Becky G partnership with Jimmy Choo currently is her highest engaged post on social media with over a 1.1 million engagement score. The international music artist debuted in an ad with Michelob Ultra Pure Gold during the Super Bowl which added to her current list of 17 partners.
Here is a list of all of the brands and their celebrity endorsements per commercial:
|Amazon Alexa||Scarlett Johansson, Colin Jost|
|AT&T||Mila Kunis, Demi Moore|
|Avocados from Mexico||Drew Brees|
|Avocados from Mexico||Andy Richter|
|Bic Lighters||Martha Stewart, Snoop Dogg|
|Booking.com||Idris Elba, Jonathan Goldsmith, Isaiah Mustafa|
|Bud Light Seltzer Hard Soda||Guy Fieri|
|Busch Light||Kenny G|
|Frito Lay – Cheeto’s||Megan Thee Stallion|
|Frito Lay – Cheeto’s & Doritos||Charlie Puth|
|Frito-Lay/Pepsi Co||Peyton Manning, Eli Manning, Jerome Bettis, Victor Cruz, Terry Bradshaw|
|GM||Rob Lowe, Seth Green, Mindy Sterling|
|Hologic||Mary J Blige|
|Lay’s||Seth Rogen, Paul Rudd|
|Michelob Ultra||Peyton Manning, Steve Buscemi|
|Michelob Ultra||Peyton Manning, Brooks Koepka, Alex Morgan, Nneka Ogwumike, Jimmy Butler, Serena Williams|
|Michelob Ultra Organic Seltzer||Brooks Koepka|
|Michelob Ultra Pure Gold||Becky G|
|Nissan||Eugene Levy, Danai Gurira, Dave Bautista|
|Oikos||Deion Sanders, Shedeur Sanders (Son)|
|Pepsi (halftime show)||Eminem, Snoop Dogg, Mary J Blige, Kendrick Lamar, Dr. Dre|
|Planet Fitness||Lindsay Lohan, William Shatner, Dennis Rodman, Buzzy Cohen, Danny Trejo|
|Planters||Ken Jeong, Joel Mchale|
|Rocket Mortgage / Rocket Homes||Anna Kendrick, Barbie|
|Sam’s Club||Kevin Hart|
|Stella Artois’||Eli Manning, Ryan Clark, Dan Marino|
|T-Mobile||Dolly Parton, Miley Cyrus|
|Taco Bell||Doja Cat|
|Telemundo||Andres Cantor, Kelly Clarkson, Blake Shelton, the Despicable Me minions|
|Toyota||Brian McKeever, Robin McKeever|
|Toyota||Tommy Lee Jones, Leslie Jones, Rashida Jones, Nick Jonas|
|Uber Eats||Gwyneth Paltrow, Jennifer Coolidge, Trevor Noah|
|Verizon||Jim Carrey, Geraldine Viswanathan|