Web 3.0-related technology continued to develop rapidly throughout 2022. As metaverse platforms have continued to sell digital land, there has been an estimated nearly $2B investment in the acquisition of virtual real estate in the metaverse. There is a variety of available digital asset offerings currently offered such as wearables, and these types of Web 3.0 related assets will continued to expand.
Brands are getting increasingly creative in their entry to the new Web 3.0 virtual reality. Here are some of SU’s favorite partnerships from the last year:
- A partnership between Metaverse platform’s Decentraland and Atari saw the creation of an Atari Arcade that operates on Ethereum blockchain. Players can also explore and search for exclusive wearables throughout the platform’s Casino.
- Tequila maker Patrón activated its Pop-Up Series on Decentraland–a virtual experience including various quests that give users the opportunity to win prizes and exclusive wearables.
- Forbes worked with Metaverse platform The Sandbox to create a first-of-its-kind event on November 10, aimed at offering more opportunities for members and subscribers to socialize in the Metaverse. Forbes digital subscribers received a wearable NFT as their ticket to enter the Metaverse, while the initiative included quests to find different areas of the platform’s property, including a DJ booth, bar, and dance floor.
- HSBC/World Rugby Sevens Series launched virtual rugby quests in The Sandbox, becoming the first global bank to acquire a plot of land in Metaverse platform. The bank staged a virtual stadium in The Sandbox from 24 October to 14 November to activate its first community initiative.
- Esports organization FaZe Clan named its 12×12 virtual plot of land in The Sandbox “FaZe World,” where it will co-produce experiences including virtual events and games with the Metaverse platform.This gamified activation aims to allow users to learn more about FaZe and engage with its roster of talent.
- Beats by Dre partnered with Ja Morant–a non-playable character (NPC) that hosts various in-game missions–to develop the Roblox game “Dunking Simulator.” This “Dark Mode” virtual experience evolved from a recent Beats campaign, highlighting the mutual admiration between rapper Lil Baby and Ja Morant.
- Claire’s created Roblox game “ShimmerVille,” where users can earn digital currency through interactive retail jobs, playing mini games, or just by spending time in the digital experience. Players can also select from 15 different pets to accompany them throughout Claire’s virtual world.
- Mattel partnered with Roblox to build roleplay-style game “Barbie Livetopia,” a virtual activation aimed at celebrating the Barbie Dreamhouse’s 60th anniversary. Custom NPCs within the game represent different characters, including Barbie and her friends
- Invisalign launched a Roblox virtual experience that included an explorable dentist office, equipped with exam rooms and two mini games. Winners of the playable games are rewarded with uniforms for their digital avatars, and digital coins to buy Invisalign-branded outfits.
- The U.S. Open Tennis Championship and Grey Goose teamed up with Decentraland to build an immersive lounge experience that included “The Honeydew Hunt” game.