Every MLB season a star is born where fans and brands are eagerly tracking every move of the rising star. Back in 2019, the name Vladimir Guerrero Jr. might only have been known to Blue Jays fans. That quickly changed for the rising star turned superstar who landed a spot in the Home Run Derby his rookie year. He went from 0 endorsement deals in ’19 to 14 deals just two seasons later. Vlad is now the #1 most endorsed MLB athlete in the league.
Which rising stars will impress brands the most this year in hopes to secure top deals?
In his 5th season with the LA Angels, Taylor Ward is in the top 5 for MLB Batting Average and is expected to 4X his total at bats. This is a trend fans and brands love to see. Based on the current landscape of MLB player endorsements, which brands can we expect to target Ward?
Ranked by total number of MLB endorsements, here are the top 5 categories along with the top brands.
- Leisure & Recreation
- Apparel & Accessories
- New Balance
- Franklin Sports
- Forever Collectibles
- Dick’s Sporting Goods
- Adobe Creative Cloud
- MLB The Show
- Candy Digital
- Beverage – Non-Alcoholic
- Essentia Water
Here are players on the rise that brands should be watching this year:
- Bo Bichette, Toronto Blue Jays
- Alek Manoah, Toronto Blue Jays
- Byron Buxton, Minnesota Twins
- Triston McKenzie, Cleveland Guardians
- Luis Robert, Chicago White Sox
- Eloy Jimenez, Chicago White Sox
- Wander Franco, Tampa Bay Rays
- Michael Kopech, Chicago White Sox
- Jhoan Duran, Minnesota Twins
- Nestor Cortes, New York Yankees
- Shane McClanahan, Tampa Bay Rays
- Jeremy Pena, Houston Astros
- Brandon Nimmo, New York Mets